ICT is an integral part of the way our school works, and is an important resource for pupils, staff, managers, volunteers and visitors. It supports teaching and learning, pastoral and administrative functions of the school.
However, the ICT resources and facilities our school uses also pose risks to data protection, online safety and safeguarding. We ensure that all ICT resources are used responsibly by adhering to data protection legislation, following statutory safeguarding guidance, and embedding online safety into our curriculum.
For other policies related to Safeguarding, please see our Policies page
We have put together an Online Safety pack, which you can download here: Online Safety Pack for Parents
- Ofsted have produced this webinar (click here) for schools and parents about online safety, particularly around online grooming.
- Kooth.com are hosting a free webinar for parents and carers on Monday 6th November 2023, 18:00 - 19:00.
To reserve a spot please follow this link: ParentandCarer webinar: How Kooth Promotes and Supports Staying Safe Online Tickets, Mon 6 Nov 2023 at 18:00 | Eventbrite.
The sites below include useful resources and information about online safety:
- https://www.thinkuknow.co.uk. – Thinkuknow is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline.
- https://www.childnet.com - Tips, advice, guides and resources to help keep your child safe online
- https://www.ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/ – Child Exploitation and Online Protection
- https://www.nspcc.org.uk/keeping-children-safe/online-safety/ – Online Safety
- https://saferinternet.org.uk/guide-and-resource/parents-and-carers – Tips, advice, guides and resources to help keep your child safe online
- https://nationalonlinesafety.com/ Online Safety Education for the Whole School Community
- https://www.commonsensemedia.org/ Reviews for what your kids are into (before they get into it) Trusted ratings created with families in mind